Shabbat University 2019-2020
Finding Meaning in Contemporary Judaism:
Jewish Philosophers of the 20th and 21st Century
Why be Jewish or connected to a Jewish community? What kind of connection can we have with the Sacred All of existence/ God? How can we find our own meaningful Jewish spirituality? What is the essence of our spiritual experience? How can our Judaism impact and transform our world in acts of justice?
This year’s Shabbat University will help us explore the depths of our faith and spirituality with the insights of the leading Jewish theologians and philosophers of our times. Join Rabbi Warren Stone as he explores six Jewish philosophers who have had an impact on Contemporary Judaism.
6:30pm Shabbat services are preceded by a wine and cheese oneg at 6:00pm
- September 13 at 6:30pm – Martin Buber: I-Thou – A Life of Dialogue
- November 22 at 7:30pm – Rabbi Leo Baeck: The Essence of Judaism
- December 13 at 6:30pm – Rabbi Abraham Joshua Heschel: Spiritual Audacity
- February 14 at 6:30pm – Rabbi Mordechai Kaplan: Judaism as a Civilization
- March 20 at 7:30pm – Rabbi Arthur Green: Radical Judaism – The Future
- April 24 at 7:30pm – Rabbi Everett Gendler: Judaism for Universalists