Registration materials are now available for the 2021-2022 school year.
We look forward to welcoming you to the new school year. If you are the parent or guardian of a new or returning student to Temple Emanuel’s Religious School, you will find the 2020-2021 Religious School registration materials and fee schedule in the list below. Please print and fill out the registration form and return it, with a current jpeg image of your child, to Kathy Magenheim at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 2021-2022 Registration Form: (if not already completed) to be filled out for each child who will be attending the school, to be returned to the Religious School office along with a photo of each child being registered.
- 2021-2022 Religious School Tuition Fee Schedule
- 2021-2022 Religious School Calendar: Please Note – Information on this calendar is subject to change.
- Temple Emanuel Health Policy: An information sheet about the school policy regarding student, family and staff illness, and in particular the guidelines we will be following during the upcoming flu season.
- Expectations for Classroom Behavior: Our school is dedicated to creating a respectful and nurturing learning environment, where students’ rights and responsibilities are outlined in a behavior brit (covenant) and agreed to by all at the beginning of each year. Parental support and involvement are also critical to creating and sustaining this environment. We strive to meet the needs of all of our students, and therefore ask parents to share with us any special concerns regarding their children, and to work with us in addressing them. We believe most behavior issues can and should be handled by teachers in the classroom and/or the Director of the Religious School. However, if a student is having difficulty behaving appropriately, parents may be asked to meet with the teacher and the Director. The teacher and Director will work with the parents to create a plan to help the child be successful, while ensuring that the classroom learning environment is preserved. Where inappropriate behavior persists, and interferes with the ability of other students to learn, the Director, in consultation with the Rabbi and/or the Board of Education, may temporarily or permanently remove a child from the Religious School.
- Automatic Recurring Monthly Payment Authorization Form: (if interested) Authorization form for automatic, regularly scheduled charges to your credit card or through your bank.
Please print out and complete an appropriate form for each child being registered:1) in person; 2) or by e-fax; email@example.com 3) by mail to Temple Emanuel, Attn: Religious School Registration, 10101 Connecticut Avenue, Kensington, MD 20895; 4) or or as an email attachment to Kathy Magenheim.
Please note that accommodations are made for special needs children, specifically, teachers who are available to assist them. Accommodations are also made for the service, including a single B’nai Mitzvah. Our religious school will handle each situation individually, though it is desirable to have the student onsite for some of the Judaica learning. Parents with questions or concerns should contact Rabbi Mark Levine, Director of Congregational Learning, (301) 942-2000.
We look forward to your joining us. We have a wonderful staff in place, and a dynamic and exciting program year planned.