Registration materials are now available for the 2019-2020 school year.
For Families of New Students: If you are the parent or guardian of a new student to Temple Emanuel’s Religious School, you will find the 2019-2020 Religious School registration materials and fee schedule in the list below. Please print and fill out the registration form and return it, with a current jpeg image of your child, to Kathy Magenheim at email@example.com.
For Families of Returning Students: If you are a parent or guardian of a child returning to Temple Emanuel’s Religious School, pre-filled registration forms will be emailed to you before July 1. If you do not receive your child’s forms, please contact the Temple Office, 301-942-2000 (and possibly check your spam filter). Print out and review the registration form, making corrections as needed and completing the sections not already filled in. The completed registration form and a current jpeg image of your child should be emailed to Kathy Magenheim at firstname.lastname@example.org. The 2019-2020 fee schedule and calendar are available in the list below. Please note: All members must be current with all Temple financial obligations or be on an approved payment plan before registration will be processed.
Below are several important documents for your review as your family begins the process of registering for the Temple Emanuel Religious School. You may print them out and bring them in to the office, or you may save them to your computer and email them to Kathy Magenheim. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact the Temple Office, 301-942-2000.
- 2019-2020 Registration Form: (if not already completed) to be filled out for each child who will be attending the school, to be returned to the Religious School office along with a photo of each child being registered.
- 2019-2020 Religious School Tuition Fee Schedule, New Members
2019-2020 Religious School Tuition Fee Schedule, Returning Members
Tuition and fees for the Religious School year. Please fill out the requested information and return it with your other registration materials.
- 2019-2020 Religious School Parent Handbook – Coming Soon: You may consider printing this at home for a handy reference. It contains important information about the Religious School, including curriculum information, b’nai mitzvah information, policies, etc.
- 2019-2020 Religious School Calendar: Please Note – Information on this calendar is subject to change.
- Temple Emanuel Health Policy: An information sheet about the school policy regarding student, family and staff illness, and in particular the guidelines we will be following during the upcoming flu season.
- Expectations for Classroom Behavior:Our school is dedicated to creating a respectful and nurturing learning environment, where students’ rights and responsibilities are outlined in a behavior brit (covenant) and agreed to by all at the beginning of each year. Parental support and involvement are also critical to creating and sustaining this environment. We strive to meet the needs of all of our students, and therefore ask parents to share with us any special concerns regarding their children, and to work with us in addressing them.We believe most behavior issues can and should be handled by teachers in the classroom and/or the Director of the Religious School. However, if a student is having difficulty behaving appropriately, parents may be asked to meet with the teacher and the Director. The teacher and Director will work with the parents to create a plan to help the child be successful, while ensuring that the classroom learning environment is preserved. Where inappropriate behavior persists, and interferes with the ability of other students to learn, the Director, in consultation with the Rabbi and/or the Board of Education, may temporarily or permanently remove a child from the Religious School.
- Automatic Recurring Monthly Payment Authorization Form: (if interested) Authorization form for automatic, regularly scheduled charges to your credit card or through your bank.
- Late Pick Up Policy: Religious school ends at 11:30 a.m. on Sundays and at 6:00 p.m. on Tuesdays and Thursdays. It is extremely important that you arrive on time to pick up your child. Please consider weather and traffic conditions when making your pick-up arrangements. Late pick-ups cause anxiety for the children involved. It also often creates problems for the synagogue employees on duty. The Board of Trustees has adopted a late pick up policy. In the event that a parent or caregiver arrives late for a Religious school or Hebrew school pickup an administrative fee of $10 per child may, at the sole discretion of the Temple Emanuel Education Director, be charged to the family of a child who is picked up from Sunday School or Hebrew School twenty minutes after the end of school. The family may be charged $1 for each additional minute per child of untimely pickup.
Please print out and complete an appropriate form for each child being registered:
1) in person; 2) or by e-fax; email@example.com 3) by mail to Temple Emanuel, Attn: Religious School Registration, 10101 Connecticut Avenue, Kensington, MD 20895; 4) or or as an email attachment to Kathy Magenheim.
Please note that accommodations are made for special needs children, specifically, teachers who are available onsite to assist them. Accommodations are also made for the service, including a single B’nai Mitzvah. Private tutoring is acceptable and some funding support may be available. Our religious school will handle each situation individually, though it is desirable to have the student onsite for some of the Judaica learning. Parents with questions or concerns should contact Rabbi Mark Levine, Director of Congregational Learning, (301) 942-2000.
We look forward to your joining us. We have a wonderful staff in place, and a dynamic and exciting program year planned.