KESTY & NFTY (8th-12th)
Welcome to Kensington Emanuel Senior Temple Youth
– Our youth engagement programs are KESTY (8-12), Kesty J (6-7), Kesty45 (4-5), and Kesty AlefBet (K-3)
Upcoming Youth Opportunities:
- Join us at our GLOW IN THE DARK SPORTS LOUNGE NIGHT on Tuesday, November 5th 2019. We’ll have glow in the dark lawn games, board games, sports, and food! Copy of Glow in the dark sports lounge night
- From Saturday December 7th to Sunday December 8th, all Temple Emanuel community members and friends are invited to the Big Sleep Out to raise funds and awareness about global homelessness and displacement. Our Big Sleep Out is one of hundreds around the world. From 6PM to 10PM, we’ll have programs about homelessness for all ages from ECC to adults, including a community dinner over a bonfire. At 10, we’ll read a bedtime story and transition to sleeping in at Temple. We’ll have sleeping options for teens, young families, and individuals. You can donate to KESTY’s BSO team at tinyurl.com/KESTYBSODONATE and sign up to join any part of the evening at tinyurl.com/KESTYBSO2019.THE BIG SLEEP OUT 2019 FLYER
- Mark your calendars for our annual KESTY Hannukah lock-in December 21-22 2019!
- Mark your calendars for our annual KESTY-led community service on January 25, 2020.
- Mark your calendars for a PAJAMA HAVDALAH on November 24th!
- Mark your calendars for cookie-baking for So Others Might Eat (SOME) on Sunday, December 15th at 11:30PM!
- GET READY FOR MAJYK! NFTY-MAR’s Junior Youth Kallah is a wonderful opportunity to make new friends with Jewish middle schoolers from across the Mid-Atlantic area! MAJYK will be in Rockville, MD this year. More details to come.
- Mark your calendars for a Pajama Havdalah on November 24th!
- Join us at the Big Sleep Out, December 7th – December 8th.
- Mark your calendars for a trip to ZAVAZONE, Saturday, January 25!
Other Youth Opportunities:
- 6th Grade Family Shabbat Dinner Friday, November 1st
- 3rd Grade Family Shabbat Dinner Friday, December 6th
- Community Hannukah dinner Friday, December 20th
- L’Taken Social Justice Seminar, Friday January 10 – Monday, January 13
Benefits of Memberships
As a member of KESTY, kesty j, or kesty45, you will be the first to know of upcoming social events, community social action projects, hangouts and get-togethers, and more. You will also receive a discount off of every paid event for the entire academic year!
Membership and participation in KESTY, Kesty J, and kesty45 will provide you with opportunities to make and keep great life-long friendships with other Jewish kids at Temple Emanuel. Teen members who choose to participate in programs from our parent organizations, NFTY and NFTY-MAR, will also be able to meet with other Jewish teens in the rest of the Mid-Atlantic region or from all over North America!
For more information on year-round and summer programs offered by the North American Federation of Temple Youth, visit http://www.nfty.org.
Become a member today
Membership in KESTY (our 8th-12th grade youth group with monthly events) is $36* per academic year.
Membership in kesty45 and Kesty J (our 4th/5th and 6th/7th grade youth groups) is $18* per academic year.
Payment will be billed to your family account. 8th graders, you get a free year of KESTY as part of your B’nai mitzvah gift. If you are not a member of Temple Emanuel, or prefer not to be billed, contact our Director of Youth Engagement, Devorah, at email@example.com.
Families: please note that you will need to fill out a separate form for each student registering as a member of our youth groups.
Additional forms, such as a transportation permission form, may be required for NFTY or KESTY events and can usually be found online. As always, email Devorah with any questions.