About Nicole D'Isa
Posts by Nicole D'Isa:
RELIGIOUS SCHOOL NEWS – MARCH 2020
March Mitzvah Madness Kickoff, Sunday, March 1, Social Hall
It is time for March Mitzvah Madness (MMM). A big Thank You to the Youth Committee and the Religious Education Committee for help planning this year’s activities, which include:
- Collecting grains, canned proteins, canned fruits and vegetables for Manna Food Center.
- Students should bring donations to their classrooms every Sunday morning in March. The class with the largest number of donations will be recognized at our closing assembly, and will win a special prize. Madrichim will take the donations and put in the collection bins in KESTY Lounge.
- Volunteer field trips to do Mitzvah projects at various non-profit organizations
First Friday Congregational Shabbat Service and Dinner with Second Grade, Friday, March 6, 6:30 pm
Please join us for Second Grade Shabbat Service at 6:30 pm and Shabbat Dinner at 7:30 pm. No charge for dinner for the immediate family. Grandparents and guests are welcome for a cost of $15. Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org.
KESTY Overnight at Shul to set up for PURIM Carnival, Saturday, March 7, 8:30 pm
JOIN US for our annual shul-in as we gather, have fun, and prepare for the annual Purim Carnival—proceeds go to Youth Group programming. Please RSVP to Devorah Stavisky at email@example.com.
Daylight Savings Time Begins on Sunday, March 8 at 2:00 am
Don’t forget to turn your clocks ahead one hour so you won’t be late for Religious School or the Purim Carnival!
The 4 Elements PURIM Carnival, Sunday, March 8, 9:30 – 11:30 am
Fun for the entire family! Moon bounce, Games, crafts, face painting, obstacle course, tzedakah project, food, raffle and more! Ticket packages sold in advance and at the door. We need lots of parent volunteers. If you can help or want to purchase tickets, please contact Devorah Stavisky at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note for Grades K-2: parents must accompany their child(ren) at the carnival.
Follow the Yellow Brick Road to the Purim Celebration with reading of the Megillah, Monday, March 9, 6:30 pm
Come dressed in your favorite costume to see the Wizard of Oz Purim Shpiel and listen to the Kol Zimrah and Kol Ruach Choirs. Fun for the whole family, from babies to boomers! Our service includes a musical parody and short megillah reading, followed by a costume parade and special treats.
CANCELLED Second Grade Family Education Program on Sunday, March 15, 9:30 am in Social Hall
The program is focused on Expressing Gratitude. In addition, it is an opportunity to get to know the other parents in second grade.
CANCELLED Grade 5, Field Trip to National Museum of American Jewish History in Philadelphia, PA, Sunday, March 29, 9:00 am
The fifth grade teachers, students, and parents will leave Temple Emanuel at 9:00 a.m. by motor coach to the National Museum of American Jewish History, and arrive back at 6:00 pm. Explore how and when Jews immigrated to America, the choices they faced, the challenges they confronted, and the ways in which they shaped, and were shaped by, their American home. Cost for the students is free. The cost for each adult is $40 and it includes the bus fare and museum fee. Please RSVP to Kathy Magenheim, email@example.com or call 301-942-2000.
The Bereavement Committee maintains a state of readiness. We are prepared to serve a Meal of Comfort to Temple members following the funeral service of a loved one. In order to continue to serve the Temple community we need additional volunteers. Can you help us with any of the following?
- Shop for perishables and prepare a light meal when the need arises. Remain on call for one month of your choice and as backup for another.
- Sign up to be on call for serving the meal as the need arises. We try to send servers out in pairs, so you would be working with someone. Signing up indicates that you have no regular commitments for that day and that we may call you. It is not a firm commitment.
Please contact Mark Rother at Mdrother@gmail.com with any questions or to volunteer.