It is our sincere hope that we will be able to remain open throughout the winter. However, there may be conditions that force us to close for safety reasons. Our decisions are always based on the safety of our children, parents, and staff.
Our policy regarding closings is determined by a number of factors:
- If the Federal Government is closed for any reason, the preschool will be closed.
- If Montgomery County Schools close in the morning for weather emergencies, the Early Childhood Center will also be closed. THIS APPLIES TO DAY ONE ONLY.
- On subsequent days, the Early Childhood Center will make decisions independently.
- At all times, the decision to close the school will be based on safety conditions of the areas surrounding Temple Emanuel. If road conditions are hazardous, we will close the presschool. A decision will be made by 6:30 am, and a message will be on the recording at 301-942-2000.
- When Montgomery County has a delayed opening, the Early Childhood Center will open at 9:00 am. THIS APPLIES TO DAY ONE ONLY.
- If we begin to experience inclement weather during the day, we will endeavor to remain open. Should we determine that it is necessary to close, we will notify parents and you will have a two hour window in which to arrive. It is important for you to arrange to pick up your child as soon as possible, as chances are that weather conditions will continue to deteriorate.
These policies will also pertain to other emergency conditions such as hurricanes, power outages, or problems with the building. When appropriate, we will use a phone tree to communicate with parents.